Zimbabwe to tour Bangladesh

Zimbabwe to tour Bangladesh to play two Tests in November, BCB announces

The boards have decided that the tour, which had been earlier scheduled for a complete series in January next year, would be arranged in two phases, BCB chief Nazmul Hassan told reporters on Wednesday.

Australia postponed their Bangladesh tour over security concerns last Thursday, which had left Bangladesh without any international fixture for the rest of the year.

ZC has agreed to Bangladesh’s proposal, confirmed Hassan after a board meeting.

“Zimbabwe have primarily agreed to come over in November. The schedule is yet to be made. We will finalise [the tour] during the ICC meeting.”

After their visit to Bangladesh for the Tests in November, they will return in January for three ODIs and T20s, the board president said.

Following Cricket Australia’s decision to delay their team’s tour, BCB and Cricket South Africa mutually decided to defer South Africa women’s tour to Bangladesh to devise new security plans.

But Wednesday’s announcement would come as a relief to Bangladesh fans.

Hassan, however, termed the topic of series postponement over safety concerns ‘a simple issue’.

Vice-president of the board Mahbub Anam said, “It is an ongoing process. We were in no discomfort.”

Hassan said Bangladesh would make demand for more matches in ICC’s Future Tours Programme in the meeting that would commence in Dubai on Oct 9.

“A day (October 10) is reserved for discussing the FTP.  We have prepared a presentation… There we said our ranking improved because we got the chance to play against top-tier teams this year.

“So we want to play more against the top teams.”

Like Us For Regular Update